Fresno F.A.C.T. is a non-profit
Labor Management Alliance.
Clovis Community Medical Center____
Our members serve Fresno, Madera, Tulare, and Kings Counties.
Return to our Project Profiles main page.
Clovis Community Medical Center; Expansion Project
CCMC's service area is projected to grow by 15,000 people in the next five years and see a 43% increase in overall growth in the next 20 years. To meet this growth, Clovis Community embarked on a massive $300 million expansion and renovation project.
With its Outpatient Care Center renovation complete, construction is now focussed on the hospital's inpatient expansion project. Scheduled to be completed in 2013, this expansion and renovation will nearly double the hospital's capacity to 205 private rooms - making Clovis Community the first full-service hospital in the area with all private rooms. In addition, the Clovis expansion could be the single biggest job-creation project in Fresno County over the next few years, creating approximately 4,000 construction jobs.
Expansion facts by the numbers:
• Largest expansion investment Community Medical Centers has made since the six-story trauma and critical care building at Community Regional Medical Center in downtown Fresno nearly a decade ago.
• 4,000 construction jobs created
• Approximately 65% of construction labor is expected to be local, with a mix of about 95% union labor and 5% independent labor for all contractors.
• 600 hospital jobs created
• 739,000 square feet added and renovated
• Approximately 1,500,000 hours will be worked to complete the project.
• 1.25 million linear feet of electrical wire will be put in place, equal to 237 miles of wiring
• 7,100 light fixtures will be installed
• 1,200 tons of cooling to be added to an existing 800-ton system
• 8,000 gallons of paint will be used
• 15 miles of new pipe will be installed
• 2,200 new medical gas outlets will be put in place
• 2,500 new plumbing fixtures will be put in place
• 400 new toilets will be installed
• 400,000 pounds of new duct work will be installed
• 300,000 square feet of duct insulation will be used
• Chilled water loop main to feed entire hospital increases from 8 inches to 18 inches , then the third. then do bullets of "facts"
• 115,000 cubic yards of earth will be moved, enough to fill 14,500 dump trucks
• 2,000 tons of structural steel will be used, equal to the weight of 1,080 Volkswagen Beetles
• 10,000 cubic yards of concrete will be used, taking over 1,200 concrete trucks to deliver
• 1,500 doors will be installed
• 30,000 square feet of glass will be installed
Source: Community Medical Centers